Guidelines for Authors
Call for Papers is open for the Journal of Gender and Social Issues and articles are accepted on rolling basis. The journal has been placed in the Y category and is visible on the HEC website https://hjrs.hec.gov.pk/index.php?r=site%2Fresult&id=503363#journal_result. Unpublished scholarly contribution is solicited for the journal, following the guidelines given below. Articles not abiding by the guidelines, will not be acknowledged or processed:
- MS Word copy of the original manuscript must be submitted to the email address provided. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Article title should be brief, academic in nature, and descriptive so that the article is easily located. As per APA the title should be limited to 12 words.
- JGSI discourages Turnitin reports provided by researchers. If the article is part of a dissertation or project for which Turnitin has already been done, this must be mentioned in the email and the report attached with the article. Other than this, Turnitin reports will not be accepted.
- Cover page provided must be filled in and submitted along with the article
- APA 6th edition is to be followed for in-text citations and references.
- Researchers are expected to acknowledge all sources and funding etc. JGSI will not be responsible for sources not acknowledged by the author/s.
- Heading/Title in font size 12, Times New Roman, centered and bold.
- Text in Font size 12, Times New Roman, double spaced with margins of one inch on all sides.
- The title page of the article must have no information that reveals the identity of the writer/s. No co-authors or changes in sequence will be acknowledged once the article has been submitted.
- The manuscript is to be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals on the top right hand corner.
- Download, fill and submit Copyright form and Disclaimer along with the article.
- Abstract of not more than 150 words is to be submitted along with the article
- Word length of the article minus the title and footnotes etc must be 3500-5000.
- Tables, figures, illustrations and references, should be prepared in accordance with the Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Edition). Tables and figures etc are not included in the word limit.
- Maps, tables, and figures must be embedded in the text. A short caption should appear above maps, tables, and figures with a clear legend and any footnotes suitably identified below. All units must be included.
- Authors must also provide a shortened version of the title, not exceeding 50 character spaces, suitable for the running head.
- Non-refundable processing fee of Rs 5000/- subject to periodic revision – will be charged on submission. Non-refundable publication fee of Rs 7000/- will be charged once the paper has been approved for publication.
- Articles that do not fulfill the requirements will not be entertained. The journal committee reserves the right to reject and/or blacklist authors who violate journal rules.
- Author/s are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted material. Author/s will also be responsible for ensuring that the article contains no plagiarism and/or material that has been reproduced verbatim from any other sources, without citation/s. All accepted articles will become the property of the publisher.
- Authors are instructed to acknowledge the contribution of all authors, organizations and institutions involved in the research. Co-researchers must be equally recognized. The journal is not responsible for any conflicts dealing with authorship.
Area/Discipline of article:
Note: There will be no change in the sequence or number of authors once the article has been submitted.
Signature & date: __________________________