Guidelines for International Authors
Guidelines and Instructions for International Authors
Call for Papers is open for the Journal of Gender and Social Issues and articles are accepted on rolling basis. Your scholarly contribution will assist us in improving the quality of the journal.
- MS Word copy of the original manuscript must be submitted to the email address provided. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Article title should be brief, academic in nature, and descriptive so that the article is easily located.
- JGSI discourages Turnitin reports provided by researchers. If the article is part of a dissertation or project for which Turnitin has already been done, this must be mentioned in the email and the report attached with the article.
- APA 6th edition is to be followed for in-text citations and references.
- Acknowledge all sources and funding etc.
- Heading/Title in font size 14, Times New Roman, centered and bold.
- Text in Font size 12, Times New Roman, double spaced with margins of one inch on all sides.
- The title page or text must have no information that reveals the identity of the writer/s. no co-authors will be acknowledged once the article has been submitted.
- The manuscript is to be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals on the top right hand corner.
- Download, fill and submit copyright form and Disclaimer along with the article.
- Abstract of not more than 150 words to be submitted along with the article
- Word length of the article minus the title, tables, figures, illustrations and footnotes etc must be 3500-5000.
- Tables, figures, illustrations and references, should be prepared in accordance with the Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Edition).
- Maps, tables, and figures must be embedded in the text. A short caption should appear above maps, tables, and figures with a clear legend and any footnotes suitably identified below. All units must be included.
- Authors must also provide a shortened version of the title, not exceeding 50 character spaces, suitable for the running head.
- Articles that do not fulfill the requirements will not be entertained.
- Author/s are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted material. Author/s will also be responsible for ensuring that the article contains no plagiarism and/or material that has been reproduced verbatim from any other sources, without citation/s. All accepted articles will become the property of the publisher.
- Authors are instructed to acknowledge the contribution of all authors, organizations and institutions involved in the research. Co-researchers must be equally recognized. The journal is not responsible for any conflicts dealing with authorship.